Universal Thumb Drift (Looking for BETA drivers)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SMG Studio, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    With all these great BETA comments, I'm definitely looking out for this when its released. It wasn't really on my radar until I read the comments :)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice. Exactly what i want to read in this thread. Insane mode is heaps of fun. :)

Should Practice mode scale in speed? I was playing Gymkhana in practice mode and reached 2700+ and decided to quit coz it got boring. LOL

3. SMG Studio

SMG Studio Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Yeah practice mode is just that. We've pushed an update where that mode gets faster and that might be how we adjust the speed of the game.

We dont want 'it got boring' to ever happen but now balacing the 'it's too hard from the start' factor.

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Sounds great!

I'll look out for the update and give it a whirl.

Billy

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My high score is currently at 1045 in Forest Road, 624 in Gymkhana, and 338 in the City... Lovin the game too much despite the flaws (which are going to be improved on the final version! w00t!

6. TastyTadpoles

TastyTadpoles Well-Known Member

WOW this looks so fun, love the smashes haha!

7. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    Just pushed the .73 update to testflight (android tomorrow I hope)

Let me know if anything better/worse

8. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I'll have feedback tomorrow afternoon for sure. I just got the update.

Billy

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same... I'll play this a lot later and feedback will come after :)

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Was able to play for about 30+ mins. The new cars are awesome. Vegas is still my favorite though.

Forest Road seems to be more difficult. Sharp turns felt closer to each other which makes it almost impossible. I could easily score 200 and up before the update, and now i cant even break 200 in forest. Was it tweaked?

Gymkhana felt the same. I think it's the easiest track right now with the huge, wide turns.

City felt a bit more difficult. The double 90-degree turn is a nightmare, and it's pretty common now. Tht isnt the worst part though. I think the closed toll gates are the worst. Cant tell which side is open, especially after a tunnel turn or after a brutal sequence of turns. It also doesnt have a lot of space before it to make that lane switch. I kinda liked the challenge in City before the update, but right now i feel like some of my "deaths" were just cheap.

The new car unlock price of 200 is pretty low. I think you need to put it back up to 500. The daily rewards get you 1000 coins on the final day of the rotation, and that gives 5 cars. That is too cheap right now. I think you need to balance that after a couple days of unlocking a handful cars, it should be balanced that the player should at average only unlock 1 or 2 cars each day. I hope the 200 is only temporary, for beta purposes.

11. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    yeah the economy needs balancing. It's a delicate balance but we'll have over 100 cars in the end so rather than make you wait months to unlock we want them to come through nice and fast. But I think maybe daily rewards can do in place of regular rewards. It seems like a double up right now. The only reason they are there is to get you to come back and reward you. So no need to have two sets right?

Not sure if tracks were tweaked to be harder. We may have tweaked the variable that lets in the harder pieces earlier.

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #52 LordShad0wz, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Ok

I've played and played and played. I'm a veteran player. And I've become even more frustrated now with the update. To the point I want to say eff it.

Insane is too insane. I'll keep trying but I believe in giving honest and true feedback, especially when I like a game.

I'm exploding within 5 seconds on the forest track. And that second track. I almost threw my phone. No way I can do missions.

I like the additional cars and as always I love the control scheme.

Billy

13. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    Insane for us is the only way to play but I think we'll look to ease people into it. It's fun when it's edge of seat stuff. But worst thing we want is to people to be turned away as we have "hardcore" mode only turned on. So this is why we're doing this testing. thanks for the feedback

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Personally i love the rush in insane mode. The problem is that in the latest update the more difficult sequences tend to clump a lot more than usual, and a lot earlier than usual too.

15. Viktro

Viktro New Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Just downloaded and played it for the first time. Not sure if this has been reported yet, but on the default car and track when you first start, the car doesn't turn. It just keeps going in a straight line until you crash into the wall. No matter how far you swipe left or right.

I then tried another car on another track and it works fine. For a while there I thought I couldn't work it out!

Ver .73, iPhone5 on iOS 8.4.1

16. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    Viktro. This is good. Can you put this into the spreadsheet we sent?

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Any news on this release? Beta has expired already so maybe a new build's out soon, or maybe hoping for the release. This game is tops. :)

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #58 LordShad0wz, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    I got an email thanking me for my service. In the last build it was no where near ready for release. I was expecting another build but nope. Nothing. I guess we will find out how things went when the game is released. I can't wait to see what the final product looks like.

Billy

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    3 days without hearing from the devs since bumping this thread is a bit worrying. Hopefully they sort things out and get to releasing soon so they start making money off opt-in ads, and maybe if they add early unlock for the cars.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Couldnt wait for some news on Thumbdrift so i snooped around the dev's twitter and found a tweet from Sep29 suggesting it will be out on November with no date specified.