Universal Tiny Tower 5th Anniversary Edition Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NimbleDave

NimbleDave Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Co-Owner, NimbleBit
    San Diego, CA
    New Build:

+ Fixed cropping issues when sharing BB post
    + Other small bug fixes

2. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I so wish you guys could use Star Wars characters from TDS as costumes. How about solid snake, (sneaky guy or something) or other video game characters? I guess it would be tough though to get too specific

3. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Yeap you fixed the cropping and the game sharing the wrong BB post works fine now on my ipad 2 air.

4. KYFan 821

KYFan 821 Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Confused about Golden Tickets

I currently have 205 floors. (12 in the construction mode) All of my bitzens are level 9 dream jobs but 7. Also my businesses are all level 8 to level 10. (Majority are level 10) this is all from the previous version of tiny towers, minus the construction floors. I'm very hesitant to rebuild my tower due to the time I have put into this game over the years and would it really be worth it? I think I would have more to lose than gain. Would appreciate any advice concerning this. Friend code 10VW

5. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    That's the key question a lot of us are asking; and you've seen differing opinions throughout this thread. A lot of people have strong attachments to their towers for the years of work and the thought of losing that just wouldn't make any reward worth it. I personally love the idea of rebuilding, as with most iOS games I find myself going back and being addicted for a week or two then taking a break. I think rebuilding up to 50 floors might be just the length of time I need to reach that enjoyment each time. Perhaps it's a little rough with only getting one buck per 50 floors built (and virtually seems to be no reason to ever build beyond that before the next reset), but it will take long enough to get 50 gold bux it won't likely matter.

I for one will be knocking down the old tower once I reach 200 floors (currently at 196 in the original) and proceeding full speed ahead. The change in floor costs has encouraged me to stay away from the beta until I reach that 200th floor however, so it's a slight bummer for the next week or two to get to that point.

I think to answer your question; how much do you have emotionally invested in the tower? If you've done something like all female dream jobs (I saw that earlier on here) or something I can see this truly being a bummer. For me that old tower will be a fond memory as shown with the "4/4" in gold at the bottom of my new screen.

6. FortyOneNY

FortyOneNY Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Would it be possible to get a confirmation box for spending bux to populate a spot in an apartment? I just accidentally spent bux I was saving up when trying to tap on people to evict them. :(

7. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah, that is a good idea, thanks!

8. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Yusssss, me too! I've wanted a yarn shop since the tower first started!

9. NimbleDave

NimbleDave Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Co-Owner, NimbleBit
    San Diego, CA
    New Build:

+ Added confirmation to rush move in
    + Switched to production servers

10. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Evzone is the traditional Greek dress. Could be used in the Greek diner hint hint!

11. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I am in the "I've built my tower for 5 years and don't want to wreck it" camp. I really don't want to wreck the work I put in for dream jobs and alphabetical order etc. so how about the ability to build a second tower? And that could be the one I build a little and then ruin. I dunno it just seems like a feature that is hard to implement after so much time.

12. FortyOneNY

Feb 3, 2012
    Thanks for adding that!

13. FortyOneNY

Feb 3, 2012
    At first I felt like this as well, but the more I think on it, the more I believe that I'll eventually start the rebuild game. Right now the only thing keeping me from rebuilding immediately is the elevator issue. I really don't want to lose my elevator speed. :(

14. ahugegiantwhale

ahugegiantwhale New Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Tower Zoom Out

is there any way to zoom out of the tower and see it from the outside like there was in the original? I just painted all the floors on my tower and I wanted to see it in its fullest glory

15. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    On the subject of costumes I was just going to dress my Lotus House worker and thought - a geisha - I need a geisha!

16. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I dunno! I am so close to 100% 9's for all dream jobbers! Ugh I can't bear to think of what starting over would be!!

17. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    New Costumes: Geisha, Samurai, Tennis Player, Sumo Ringer and Nude Bitizen with Censor bars :D

18. KYFan 821

KYFan 821 Member

Apr 17, 2016
    #258 KYFan 821, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Another tattoo parlor?

I was under the impression all the new businesses would be different from the original one for Tiny Tower. I just opened five new ones and now have another tattoo parlor. This one is called creative ink but has the same tattoos. Was this an error? Is there anyway this business can be changed to something new?

19. KYFan 821

KYFan 821 Member

Apr 17, 2016
    I appreciate your response but rebuilding my tower to 205 floors and finding level 9 dream job bitzens will take a very long time. My current additions take four+days. I built extra floors in my original to be ready for these new businesses. Now to lose it all to start over for the gold bucks I don't see the point.

20. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Can there be a way to have one free reset? I tried deleting the beta and re-installing it and trying to redo my tower, but I keep getting the old tower back.

Also, so far no bugs have been found by me on the latest beta.