Universal Tiny Tower 5th Anniversary Edition Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    We have been considering having a way to save off precious towers when you do a rebuild so you could go back and visit them. It would be a read-only mode similar to viewing a friend's tower. Not sure we have the time frame for it before launch though. Thoughts?

2. raymondeigel

raymondeigel Active Member

Jul 3, 2015
    It still wouldn't be the same!

Why not just rework the golden ticket mechanic like...
    Exchange one floor for one golden ticket, then after that, it becomes two floors for a ticket, and so on, then you can set a minimum floor where it can be done or something, which may or may not scale as well. Of course change up the values for balancing.

But the whole tower. Like a prestige... It is too big of an exchange right now. The game isnt like those clickers where you prestige.

3. huttican

huttican Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Sounds like a good start. I would prefer to have a few slots tho. Like in Fallout Shelter. I wouldnt say i cant live without but nice to have.

At last i resetted my tower and started with playing around gold tickets. Have to admit its a whole different story.
    It really feels fine able to complete missions. I wasnt even trying most of them. Will see how it goes to reach 50.

During the process i somehow managed to change mg friend code. Cant return back so here is new one. All added me please change that. 110G

4. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I would also rather have a Fallsout Shelter like save system with 2 or 3 slots, for memories sake. I guess your server process isn't tailored for that though. But it's hard to let go my legacy tower after such a long time.

Tbh, the 200+ floors game on my iPad is not very enjoyable (I don't bother with missions, moving floors is a chore,...). It's really only grindy completionist stuff. I open it once or twice a day. Not much fun to add more floors when you have so many already, just curiosity to see the new bitizen art.

But I have a lot of fun with the new game I started on my iPhone : missions are interesting and easy on 20 floors, you feel rewarded and a nice sense of progress. You have to strategize how to use your Bux (elevator, all floor upgrades, focus on one floor for VIPs...)
    I find myself checking it very often. And I see how golden tickets would make the early game way faster. Not sure it makes that much a difference later though.

Also one small thing : I would better have the costume list reopen on the last costume used than on the top of the list. Not very handy when you wanna change a whole floor outfits to scroll down 3 times. ;)
    Btw it's way cooler to tie new costumes to the elevator's bitizen, nice change. Also when gifting a costumed bitizen, you gift its costume with him, nice touch.

Overall the gifting process is good and easy to use. Leave it cheap at 5 or 10 bux Bux imho, it makes gifting a nice but small gesture to your friends.
    The only thing not very UI friendly is to have the gifted bzens arrive in the lobby. But it helps you reorganize the apartments so...

Last thing, on the stock all button, I'd rather have it prioritize the 3 coins item, then the 2 and the 1 coin than begin with the cheapest item.

No bugs since my last post.

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Yeah as for the multiple towers like I said before I would be more in line with having a second completely altogether different tower but still having the legacy tower operable. I mean it's fine whoever you decide - I probably won't wreck it and go for the golden tickets unless some game changing aspect is happening because of the tickets.

6. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I'd like that the three items have a different stock value not only different quantity.
    Does reward of misions increase at more taller tower?

7. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Yes, they do.
    At 19th floor, 20->30 Bux for bitizen/items finding missions and 10->20 Bux for deliver X Bzens.

One other small annoyance, I haven't seen any random Bux bonus when you fully stock a floor. That was a good incentive in OG TT and TTV to plan to fully stock floors

8. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Not sure if I posted here but I am 10ZB.

Still working on the original tower plus the new floors so pretty high at the moment and torn between keeping and razing. Heavily leaning to keeping.

As such I requested Lotus House workers but if anyone has Italian Food Legit Watches or Native Art that would be awesome!

If you'd like anything other than what you post let me know. And also if you want any costumes maybe I can send them if I have them. I just sent a fireman as a test.

9. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    One thing I have noticed is when the floors had all variable stocking levels I would visit the tower at more variable times. Now that they are the same they all stock the same and empty at the same rate so I come in, I restock all, I leave. I dunno if that's a good or a bad thing yet

10. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    I would also welcome at least 2 save slots to keep the original, but start over with a brand new one.

11. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Would it also be possible to have an extra residence floor? Because that way you can flip dream jobbers in and out with room to spare. Right now it's the exact numbers of people per job and no room to move people in and out.

12. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    #272 eeenmachine, May 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2016

The floors should all have slightly different stocking times now, even at the same level.

13. FortyOneNY

FortyOneNY Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    That would be neat. I'm still debating whether to rebuild my iPad's tower or whether to keep it as is and create a new tower on my phone (Android) when the update hits the Google Play store.

14. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Jeez sorry - trying to type on the iPhone and didn't realize I was editing and not responding! But I wanted to say ...

But close enough that it all happens at once. I fixed it by leveling some floors up higher so there are more variable times things were ready/needed restoring. I dunno I don't get as overwhelmed when there are a few floors ready at a time I guess.

15. Robot:String

Robot:String Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Game & Web Designer
    Madrid, Spain
    This sounds really neat!
    If you put a message that this will be available in the future, it'd be ok, I guess.

Another idea would be to switch between the original tower ("classic mode"), and the new tower/s ("new mode"), with timers only working in the mode/tower you're in.

16. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Everyone who signed up via that form should have been added as of the end of last week. Be sure the Test Flight invite isn't stuck in your spam folder!

17. NimbleDave

NimbleDave Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Co-Owner, NimbleBit
    San Diego, CA
  18. FortyOneNY

FortyOneNY Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Do VIPs time out? I was holding a couple of the construction ones in the lobby while waiting for enough coins to add a new floor, but they are no longer in my lobby...

19. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    They should not, and I've sworn I've seen it happen too but haven't been able to reproduce or even remember exactly what when missing and when. So it might be a rare bug that is very hard to reproduce, which is the worse kind!

20. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I thought this happened to me too. I thought it was me. I had a fully stock VIP I needed a floor to deplete for and when I went to use him he was gone. I thought that either he timed out or I accidentally deleted him. We will never know!!