Universal Tiny Tower 5th Anniversary Edition Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I was just thinking while playing about my earlier suggestion of an additional residential floor. The other thing this allows is to have space to allow people to move in and then be able to gift them. Now with gifting it will be cool to continually be able to do that even with a full tower

2. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    #282 Testopi, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
    The App crashes, when a Real Estate Agent is trying to enter a Residential Floor under construction.
    Edit:
    That happens only with him. The other VIPs can enter a Floor under construction.

3. NimbleDave

NimbleDave Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Co-Owner, NimbleBit
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks for the tip!!!

4. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    If someone's lobby is full by chance when you send them a worker will you get a warning?

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Haven't been playing for a while because this golden ticket stuff put me off. Is it still staying as it was?

6. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    The people you send them to do, not the gifter.
    It says that your lobby is full and propose to try later.
    As soon as you have an opening in the lobby, the gifted Bitizen comes back.

I concur with having at least one more residential floor to store Bitizens for the end game. Maybe an easier way to spot which residential floor has an opening might help too.

And maybe an extended or doubled lobby, 5 slots is not a lot with all the VIPs and gifted bzens.

Also Moving a floor from top to bottom in a 200 floors tower is an annoyance, maybe let us move floors like we do for the elevators instead of one move per tap, or input a floor destination?

GL with the launch, I hope the beta helped!
    Will you do a warning for people to spend their coins stash before updating? or apply a x multiplier maybe as the update makes them more costly?

7. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    If you don't want to rebuild, then you don't have to. I'm not trying to be rude, but like all things, there's people who like changes/tweaks to the game and others who don't. 1) Yes you're allowed to share your opinion but 2) The developers have to choose who they are trying to please, players who want innovation in the game, or just update the graphics and that's it?

It's entirely optional to rebuild. We even have people praising the duplicate stock levels and others complaining about it. So they hit a middle ground and mixed the stock levels up a bit, and got an opinion that it wasn't diversified enough so you have to check in more. Some things aren't going to appeal to everyone, but at least what you're being out off by is optional :/

8. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I had mentioned the floor moving earlier as well its a bit of an annoyance to tap all those times but doable.

Glad there is a warning about the gifted peeps. I don't want to send someone out into oblivion and not know it. It's nice they remain in waiting so to speak. A warning on one side of the transaction was what I was hoping for.

Also on the topic of gifting peeps is there a way to acknowledge you received them? Sending out a few in the last days and I hope they were received!

I mentioned this early but not acknowledged - if you send wearing a costume the recipient gets the costume correct? I have sent some with costumes that I use for those floors and hope they arrive that way.

Will there be a way to get the costumes using bucks like there was before? There are some costumes I really want! And being the imprudent type I can't stand waiting for the right person to appear!

9. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I haven't used golden tickets and just kept going as my tower was. Not bothering me in the slightest.

I was the one that mentioned the stock levels etc and all I did is improve the levels of some floors and not all in order to get diversified stock and depletion times. Works fine now.

Overall it's quite nice to have the changes. Bringing me back to my absolute favorite iOS game.

10. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    I might have found a bug.
    I had 4 gifted bitizens in the lobby.
    I sent one with the elevator to a residential floor.
    Then I tapped on the lobby to load another bitizen and sent him to the same floor, before having the pop up with the first one details.
    The first one disappeared it looks like.

I think it happened to me twice, it should be easy to replicate.

Not sure if it could also happen whenever you load a VIP on the elevator just after having delivered a bzen to a residential floor, before the "details/continue" pop up.

11. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    This happend to me too.
    The Message about the "Elevator must be in the lobby first" does not appear.

12. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks guys, I think you helped me track down the bug!

13. iMikos

iMikos Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Gonna try and get in on this a little late.

14. KYFan 821

KYFan 821 Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Duplicate businesses

I posted this before but never saw a reply. Before the beta was launched my tower was complete with all businesses and residential floors. I had empty floors available when new businesses were added. Previously there was a tattoo parlor and now there is a second one but it's called creative ink. It sells the same items as the tattoo parlor. Was this an error? With so many businesses I could see how easily this can be duplicated.

15. huttican

huttican Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    A little out of topic but, is it possible to have a separate friend code thread? Since some of us will go hoarding and rebuild again and again, its good to have lots of friends to supply dream jobbers, which is very useful itself and even better we can select the floor.

On the subject, i really liked how job names faded if we dont have floor in tower. Really useful. Thanks for that.

One more thing, when there is a horizontal ad i started and phone locked after a while since i dont check. After unlocking my tower stays horizontal and all i can do terminate and restart.

16. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    This is actually just a floor made for Tiny Tower vegas that we adapted for the new update. We figured it wouldn't hurt and people would rather have a similar business rather than one less floor to build.

17. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    This is an annoying bug that I haven't figured out a proper solution for but I did find a workaround that should prevent this from happening in the next build.

18. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I agree with the sentiment for a separate friend code thread but in lieu of that for now I figured I'd go ahead and post mine.

Friend code is: 111R

I'll be doing the reset rebuild game once I get my tower up to 200 floors. Add me :)

19. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Added you! (I'm 107S). Do me a favor and make sure you don't rebuild until the next Test Flight update comes out (not sure how close you are). I'd like to test the new tower snapshot stuff!

20. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    One quality of life thing but is there a way to get the friends tab to display which floor you're currently asking for bitizens for?

I see how to select it on the individual floors and the requested button changed when pushed but it would be nice to see all of that information on one screen. So I can quickly review what I'm currently asking for at the same time I'm checking everyone else's requests.