Universal Tiny Tower 5th Anniversary Edition Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So I deleted the game and reinstalled the old one again thinking I'll buy some upgrades at the cheaper prices as the floor upgrades there were only 3 bux and floors cost less. To my surprise it reset me back to where I was before the beta! Installed the beta version again and I'd lose all the progress I had made on the beta too : ( so now I'm back to where I was.

Thinking about restarting but figure it would just reset me for no benefit really.

2. bct

bct New Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Hi, thanks for accepting me in the beta.

Friend ID: 10BN

Not sure if the right place, however have some spare 9s to trade in:
    Fancy Cuisine
    Vegan Food
    Tattoo Parlor

Looking for 9s in the new floors e.g. Native Art Studio, Boxing Gym, Splash Zone etc. (don't know full list).

3. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    #123 hellscaretaker, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  4. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    No complaints so far. Just popping in to say I really like that the missions can be completed without having to stop all other activities, as with the "where's Bitty?" missions in the original.

5. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Grey means it's a dream job but not a 9 skill. Very handy for just plugging in guys and then quickly scanning when you find a 9 for that floor.

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Didn't Death Star have a floor upgrader vip that increased the floors level too?

7. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks for the heads, up. What device are you running and does that happen every single time?

8. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    The new update is great! It's a good workaround to sell all your floors to start over without losing all your upgrades :) AND bitizens

9. NimbleDave

NimbleDave Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2015
    Co-Owner, NimbleBit
    San Diego, CA
    New Build!

+ Broke quick stocking into two buttons, one to order new stock and one to fully stock
    + Capped new floor bux costs to 4000
    + Added ability to sell built floors for bux

10. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
  11. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    The cost of the floors seems to have shot up again my last floor was 30,000 now the next one is 50,500???

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #132 ste86uk, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    Mine seemed to stay the same but still seems really high at just over 1 million as at best I generate 1200 odd coins a minute and with short timers at 9-18-27 min it's fair to say I'll likely be working a couple of days or more for each floor. Is that what you guys are aiming for? It'll take me over a a year to build them all.

Also my floor cost fluctuated when it opened it was on 900k then changed back to over a million. Although none beta version was still 240k

On a positive note I'm loving the stock all button separation it's nice to have the two options and the stock all for coins is great I'll be able to stock things in work occasionally now too! I'm guessing the cost for that is the same as if I manually stocked?

13. FortyOneNY

FortyOneNY Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    #133 FortyOneNY, Apr 21, 2016
    It did, and that would be amazing to have in the TT reboot. :p

14. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Same here - my next floor will cost 4.9 million to build and my max coins per minute is about 3000, which is only if I keep an eagle eye on stock levels. (I get that this is part of the strategy; it's just a very steep incline to start with, having lost all my floor level upgrades)

15. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Bux Cheat?!?

You can gain a lot of Bux when you play the tutorial, sell the floors and reset the game. You keep the Bux.
    Maybe reset the Bux too? But what about the Bux from In-App Purchase??? :confused:

16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #136 ste86uk, Apr 21, 2016
    Noticed the stock has increased in this update which is nice, although the income hasn't nor floor prices I still feel that's an issue to enjoy the new stock amounts.

I hate that whenever I do eventually get a 9 the dream job is for another skill as previously in the old version if you got a 9 the dream job matched that.

Would love a floor level upgrader vip and wish the stock all button didn't cost more to use than doing it by hand but it's still very handy.

All in all in the last few days I've only managed to get 2 bitizens that are 9's with matching dream jobs and that's spending a fair bit of time on the game.

Edit: my shops also have different stock levels and times now? I thought they were all going to be the same?

17. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    I randomized the stock amounts a little per floor to make restocking more staggered like many people wanted.

The skills points are assigned like they are in Vegas which does make it harder to get that perfect dreamer but I think adding the ability to friends send you bitizens makes up for it.

18. huttican

huttican Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Last 2 updates were great thanks guys.
    Stock All button was a nice surprise,even if i asked for it, wasnt waiting it happens this fast if at all.
    Same goes for floor costs. With a 211 level tower next floor is 24m, which is roughly 5-7 days of income. Sure it will go higher but acceptable for end game i would say. And its even easier to keep all stock up with that little shiny Stock All button. Did i mention i love it? :)

I didnt tried selling floors yet since new ones still under construction, but its certainly good to have that option.

Now, all i can bother you guys follows (which i already stated but still). Unlimited or at least higher max level upgrades, a useful search/filter mechanism for bitizens and more managable missions.

Even with the current state game is in a wonderful state. Thanks again.

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I've only managed to add about 2 people since the update in all of my time it does seem tough. I don't take anyone unless they are a 9 with a matched dream they get evicted instantly.

Will the floor costs be sticking? Just wondering if I should save my coins or spend them? Just because of the price of floors I'm unsure you'll keep it where it takes days and days to earn 1 floor?

20. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    No invite to the beta testing :(
    Was I too late?
    I submitted to the Google form on the first page.
    Oh, well...
    At least it made me open up TT for the first time in at least a year :D