Universal Tiny Tower 5th Anniversary Edition Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eeenmachine, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FortyOneNY

FortyOneNY Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    I'm also curious if this will reset my elevator. I had the highest level elevator you could get pre-beta, and I don't think I'd play the Gilden Ticket game if I lost my elevator speed.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I have to be honest here, I think the idea behind what the golden tickets do is amazing but they way they are gained I hate and would even make me stop playing the game.

I love the tower because you can build it and collect dream jobs, unlock costumes and pick ones for your bitizens. Plus it takes ages to build the tower anyway 50 floors is a hell of a lot of gameplay! I like my tower as I feel like I'm always progressing and when I get something I like or that's new I'm happy I gained it.

But to reset it all and start again for a ticket or few to then do the same again eventually I hate it, I don't want to reset my tower but I don't want to feel like I'm losing out by not doing it. Maybe you could consider another way of keeping the golden tickets but having them gained in a different manner?

3. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    So to answer this question - rebuilding your tower does reset your tower to the basic elevator.

As for my previous question - it looks like it displays both a max number and number available of golden tickets. So I rebuilt, got 3 golden tickets, and used one, so it displayed 2/3.

My guess is then if I built back up to 50 floors and did another rebuild it would reset to giving me all 4 tickets. Meaning the time to rebuild to 50 should speed up each time. The 200+ rebuilds is at least a little more possible then?

4. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    No, I don't think they add anything to build times.

As a side note, I feel like this golden ticket idea is just to incentivize returning players, with existing towers, to come back to the game and get some 'golden floors' as a bonus to restarting the game. I don't think it's meant to be repeatedly reset and gained enough to fully make a golden tower (although it's possible)

5. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    By speed up time I meant the first time building back to 50 floors may take 10 days, whereas the second time takes 9 days.

Getting more and more max level floors should help that process. But having the elevator reset to zero likely makes the process too frustrating unfortunately.

6. Dodge Mega

Dodge Mega Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Saskatchewan
    Old version probs

Loaded up my old nearly completed game, and see a bunch of empty floors with bitizens on them. These bitizens have dream jobs I need, but when I try to take them it says they can't be moved while restocking the empty floor. Wtf? Hoping it's fixed when the beta is done and the new version goes live, but it's kind of killing my excitement to return to this game.

7. wolfhunt

wolfhunt Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2009
    So if we reset, gain the gold tickets and use them, do we get them back when we reset again plus any additional gold tickets we earned? I'd hate to reset my tower if we loose the gold tickets that were used each time.

8. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    bug found with twitter again.

While it seems you may have fixed the cutting off of a tweet you share from BB there seems to be another bug that has now appeared.

If you go share the top tweet left by the one tiny tower citizens the game does not share that tweet but one that is already half way down the page.

Im using ipad air 2 to share the tweets to twitter.

9. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    I think these are one shot deal AT present. Maybe Nimbit may look at the feedback and hopefully allow us to keep the tickets we use from a reset.

10. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    making money faster.

It seems im now earning money more quicker then before, like how it was when the original game first launched if this is right i hope you don't change it back, it makes the game less of a long grind well done.

11. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I guess it's a slight bug, but pressing 'reset to default' under the paint selection just randomizes the colors. I really like the default colors of a lot of different floors (nostalgia) and now they're all jumbled up!

12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I hate the idea I only want one tower and to feel like I'm progressing not spend forever progressing just to start all over again! I'll need 10.000 floors to get a ticket for every floor if there are 200 floors!

I like the golden tickets but don't want a reset to gain them.

13. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I still can't seeing the old tower and the new one doesn't has lobby. My id is 10LL

14. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    #174 eeenmachine, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    Lorena can you post the NB ID from your options page in Pocket Frogs? That will let us get your Game Center ID which is what we need.

Quick replies while I'm out camping for the weekend: I think we will tweak rebuild to keep elevator speed. Your number of gold tickets never goes down only up with each rebuild.

15. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Is this just sporadic or does it happen every time you share the top post? What part of the bug was fixed if so?

16. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Your original save is never deleted and will always be intact. The reason we have a beta is so this doesn't happen to millions of people so thanks! Can you check TestFlight to make sure you are on the latest update and if not, delete the app before installing the latest TestFlight version? Thanks.

17. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Hmm for me it just closes the paint menu and shows the floor in its original design, can anyone else replicate this?

18. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Here is my id in Pocket Frogs.

Attached Files:

19. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Resetting to default works as intended for me. The only minor thing is the first time I tap on Paint it generates a new color combo (original behavior?), so I never get the chance to edit over the original colors. But I really like the new customizable painting tool!

20. wolfhunt

wolfhunt Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2009
    I asked about the golden ticket and resetting. Here is the response Ian sent:

"You keep the previous gold tickets every time you rebuild. The number of tickets you have only ever goes up with each rebuild. Guess we need to figure out how to make that clearer!"

(Hope it's ok to post that)

Going to reset my tower and see what happens.