Universal Torchlight Mobile (by Runic Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by oscar123967, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes, I was also similarly disappointed but someone else pointed out that it may be just local/regional implementations of the game and that the global/rest of world release may not have them......I certainly hope so.
    The game itself was fine, not quite the Torchlight experience I had on the PC though, God I sank hours into that game.
    Just hope they release it soon so we can all make our minds up.

2. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    F2P game has F2P shenanigans?

Thanks for the newsflash and welcome to mobile gaming.

Couple things:
    - you played it 30m in another language yet you understand the game and shop mechanics completely?
    - I've played f2p games with great f2p mechanics, see also Battle Champs, Heroes of the Dungeon
    - Having a cash shop isn't a bad thing, dont want to spend money, don't.
    - only the Stamina system was reportedly removed for the western release and stamina isn't an issue anyway.

Unfortunately the F2P model isn't going anywhere. Posts whining about the mechanics are just so much bellyaching ad nauseum.

Looking forward to anyone sharing any insightful news they find on the global release, thanks.

3. nezuja

nezuja Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    I hope the release version for other App Stores is limited in the energy/VIP levels/sales but I doubt it. Do we even know if it's releasing outside the China? They haven't really mentioned anything for a while now.

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    When will we be invited to beta

5. nezuja

nezuja Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    It's already soft launched in China. Beta for US has not been hinted at since the devs have been silent for months now.

6. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    There isn't going to be a US/global beta the game was already beta tested in CN and launched.

It will be translated and released...when...who knows? I've said many times: worst developer ever, ever

7. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Any updates on a western release?

Since MM ports shit the bed and Isaac is nowhere to be seen I really want this gets a English release soon.

8. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
  9. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes, if what I read is correct, it's going to release first in China (though it's already there) followed by global release soon after on the same date.
    Let's hope so.

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Next week? Awesome!

11. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. From what I sampled of the Chinese version, this is basically the same as any of a number of other recent games like HIT, Sacred, Devilian, etc. - there's even more of them in China that weren't ported here. The graphics are good, but this is NOT Torchlight in any shape or form other than maybe having some shared character design. I have no idea why they felt like they had to change this into a game that already has so much competition, why not just do a straight port of the original game which everyone loved? Such a massive disappointment, and Runic should be ashamed of having their name associated with this.

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Geez yea I was hoping for a straight port of T2.

13. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Just so we are clear -
    We are NOT getting the version you see in the Chinese/Taiwan AppStore.
    That is the Asia specific version, which is being handled by LINE Co.

FEDEEN is handling the heavily localized Western release.
    The western version has some significant differences. For one, NO ENERGY SYSTEM. Other things have been tweaked to be less grindy. Etc.

Also from what I hear, there will be player generated content in the form of "maps" which you can share with your friends and even have the possibility of spawning elite bosses and stuff.

14. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Ok that sounds better!

15. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    That's interesting for sure and good to hear. Anything aside from the 2 screens of enemies then a boss, rinse repeat formula is welcome.

16. TontikBunny

TontikBunny Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    2p says it will be released on china at 12 jan but it is already released in china o.o

17. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    I'm not expecting the global release on 1/12, you may want to curb your expectations. If it does launch great but that isn't what's being reported on other sites.

From 2P

Torchlight Mobile
    Open beta
    Free-to-play

"Torchlight Mobile is not a port for the PC version, the new game developed by Runic Games, Perfect World (CN) and Fedeen Games (they will be responsible for the Western release) was coded from scratch for both Android and iOS devices.

The mobile version remained faithful to the original game and implemented or adapted almost every feature loved by Torchlight fans such as large dungeons, random loot drops (the rarest weapons will come with a powerful active skill - like a character ultimate ability), a large variety of enemies and the fan's favorite pet system. The combat system is fluid and players will have the option to create different combos by combining 6 character based skills into 36 different variations.

Perfect World decided to go even further with Torchlight Mobile and added PvP elements such as 1 vs 1 duel Arena and some kind of "moba minigame". We don't have any details about the future cash shop / payment system, but we know that there won't be any stamina system so that's a big start.

The CN Open Beta will start on January 12 so if you want to try the game before it will be released worldwide you should definitely try it now."

i have been playing the Taiwan release, this is not the Chinese release. When I looked for it in the China store I couldn't find it. So I don't know that it launched in China, if it did maybe that was a considered a limited beta or soft launch but I've read twice now that TLM is releasing in China on 1/12 on then to the rest of the world later. That doesn't indicate to me that the global release is going to be later in the day of the 12th, it's going to be later in the future.

That being said I have never wanted to be wrong so badly and I hope I am and it releases on the 12th.

That also being said the development of this game has been hot garbage with missed delivery and no communication so I have my expectations set on 0 as is. I rate Fedeen a Zynga/10

18. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Well idjleo, I DL it and it was from the Chinese store, so....

19. TontikBunny

TontikBunny Active Member

Nov 14, 2016
    http://prnt.sc/dswemb

Still there also all closed beta invites only from testflight, I have downloaded via appstore. But seems the game is not popular in chinese lul

20. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Ok so what's up here with wide release? Yes, no? Maybe?