Universal Torchlight Mobile (by Runic Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by oscar123967, Jun 12, 2015.

1. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Didn't they put the energy timers back in? If so I'm staying away from this stink.

2. thewzrd

thewzrd Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 24, 2012
    Game Design
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm not a huge energy timer fan, but I'm super excited for this. Anxious to see how the controls feel...

3. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I dunno, this looks like a generic f2p dungeon crawler with the Torchlight name slapped onto it. What makes this game any better than, say, Dungeon Hunter 5?

4. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    The energy timers were removed. See my other posts in this thread.

Personally timers aren't my favorite but there are many games that do the f2p model well and the timers aren't much of an issue. I will take it timers or no the game looks fantastic and gives me those Torchlight feels with it's design charm

5. WhatsMyUserName

WhatsMyUserName New Member

Nov 19, 2016
    It looks like it is shaping up nicely, cautiously excited, but excited nonetheless.

6. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Pretty sure it's just a reskinned HIT, Devilian, Evilbane etc. but praying it's something a bit more.

7. iJayCee

iJayCee Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 3, 2010
    As a long time fan of Torchlight, I won't be playing this game. I'm a huge mobile gamer, but this is everything that's wrong with mobile games in terms of ARPGs. This whole concept is broken and devoid of any skill whatsoever. Sincerely disappointed in Perfect World for this one.

8. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Well here are we in December....again.

Torchlight Mobile is supposed to be released worldwide by the end of year but as usual there is no news to be found. Facebook has been dead since January, the official forms are hot garbage filled with spam they aren't even being monitored.

My biggest concern with TLM isn't timers or f2p shenanigans...my biggest concern is just how clueless the developers seem to be. They really don't seem interested or understand the importance of communication or community.

I want the game to be great but it's hard to be positive when the developers are an utter shit show..I don't understand how Perfect World got involved with these clowns it is making their IP look terrible.

9. dominici

dominici Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Librarian
    Australia
  10. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
  11. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
  12. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    What's going on here?

13. triperus

triperus Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Mozambique
    the legality(sry for my eng)

14. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
  15. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
  16. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
  17. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    EVERYthing about this game has been annoying. If the game isn't phenomenal it's not going to last long because the developer Fedeen has done literally everything wrong.

I put Fedeen up there with Zynga as worst publishers in the business

18. jdjleo

jdjleo Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    I'm playing it the CN version now, there is some stuff I can't understand like all of the pet system but for the most part you can play the game and get a feel for it just fine.

There is the typical stamina system which they promised was removed a year ago. I don't have a problem with these systems but I do have a problem with the developer outright lying, wow.

I also noticed Fedeen's name is nowhere on this game. LINE, Freejoy, Immersion and Wwise are all mentioned in the opening. Maybe Fedeen was bought out and that's why the radio silence on Social media and forums? Who knows...