Translators needed

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by DogTownStudios, Jan 27, 2010.

1. DogTownStudios

DogTownStudios Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    #1 DogTownStudios, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
    Hey, Dogtown Studios is currently looking for people living in the countries listed below to help us with translations and promotions of our games. $$

- France
    - Germany
    - Spain
    - Netherlands
    - Italy

Please send us an e-mail to agency[at]moyostudios.com and please use subject line Promoter 'Your Country'.

PM works fine to.

Ps. Google Wave required. If you don't have it we will invite you.

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

#2 jak56, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
    what kind of money are we talking about?
    i could probably do french, depending on how much there is. if it's a point and click game or an RPG, im out!

3. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Try with DYS. They even have a press release service: http://www.dystranslations.com/3/Press.html

Cheep, professional and good.

I tried to find amateur translators in the past and I did. I spent a bit less, but it's stressful to handle and "educate" different people on how to actually translate your app/whatever. Plus a French guy I found on Touch Arcade translated my app description using Google Translate so that the word "player" (referred to iPod music) became "joueur" (player, like in sports) in French, for example.

The document wasn't usable and I was in a hurry. I had to use a firm to translate my urgent file and I paid like double for the extra fast service.

Consider this, if your application has some potential.
    If you expect to sell 0 copies, then it's fine not to invest on this.

4. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    What kind of game are we talking about?

5. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Depending on how much text your game contains, I would translate it (or part of it if it's too much :D) for free (=> German). There also is at least one more user here who would maybe help you for free.

Lol, Google Translator is good if you want to have something to laugh at :D but translating sentences with Google Translator is... let's say... not good :D. For single words there are many other websites which are much better.

PM me if interested!