iPhone Vendetta Online by Guild Software, Inc.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Kabuloso

Kabuloso Member

Apr 19, 2013
    @Lost_Deputy

You can't build your own Trident being Lite... but you can harvest most items you will need while using a Lite account.
    I haven't considered doing it for myself, yet.

2. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    My issue isn't the things I can do its knowing that I'm unable to fully submerse myself into the world as I'm a ipad user. The limitations go beyond the level cap.

Once I've learned more about the process I'm happy to help if you consider making one :)

3. Incarnate

Incarnate Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Any account can be upgraded to the $10/month option at any time. We aren't intentionally excluding iOS users. The only reason it isn't in IAP is because we didn't really expect a big demand for it. But, we can certainly add it in there.

4. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Yeah cool it's only minor. The game is so great!!

5. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    If I get the $10 subscription and start up a TA guild and then drop back to a $1 subscription down the track will the guild still be active?

6. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Well the $10 option is available to us, just not directly through the app. Do it from the website and you're good to go

PM the guild you're in, I need to give it some more time this weekend, but I also need to finish Ready Player One, I can't play and listen to the audiobook at the same time, my brain sucks in that respect ;)

7. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Gotcha. It's more that the default option is currently set at light. A bit more clarity will help those online who are feeling that they have no way to compete with those with PCs.

Incarnate was talking on the previous page about potential fleet hierarchy. It would be a cool idea to make some positions only available to lite players. As some of the vets have said many of the games better weapons are available at level 3. So some of the more battle squadron type ranks could be directed at lite players who could then move up in that specific class.

Audiobooks and simultaneous VO are frowned upon in the TA guild :)

8. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
  9. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Damn!

Dynamic warfare and RTS battle command coming later....sweet!:D

10. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Yeah very very exciting!! :)

11. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I apologize if I appeared to be over-criticizing the game model, I'm actually quite interested in the game (I've heard the game mentioned before here, well before a client was released, and did my own research a while back).

I haven't read farther then the comment I'm replying to, but I'm sure I got bashed :). So it goes on the intertubez...

To the point, I have a few questions. What happens to lapsed accounts? That's my biggest worry about any subscription based (or online) game. Back yonder, I didn't log into my Diablo 2 account for a good while and saw my 3 level 90+ characters and 16+ "Mules", carrying equipment worth, on ebay at the time, over 2000 real dollars...wiped. Damn, that was a run-on sentence. Anyway, If I decide to play month to month at the 10 buck rate, what happems if I miss several months? Can my account ve re-activated without any level-item-whatever you earn in the game-loss? I'm assuming it can, given how long this game has been out on PC.

Memory and the iPad Mini. Do you (I'm referring to the dev, but anyone can chime in) know how much memory having a lot of app-notifications turned on can squander?

This is my most important question. You mentioned keyboard controls. I recently bought a Logitech magic cover/bluetooth keyboard combo made for the iPad mini. I can use that for the control scheme, or to at least control elements of the GUI? That would certainly be a thoughtful addition. Really, an ipad will word w/any bluetooth keyboards, but devs rarely build in support. Mine just has special ipad specific buttons, like spotlight search, open dock, etc.

12. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    There was no bashing. Some awesome info though.

After spending a bit of time on this I highly recommend everyone to drop the $1 and give it a solid run. If it's not your thing the dollar has at least gone to a cool dev who is looking at some new things for the genre and ios

13. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #133 Greyskull, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
    Well, I'll have to think long and hard about what I'm going to delete...everytime I get an idevice with more space, I feel so...so FREE! Free to install all the huge apps I never could in the past! Then it dawns on me...I can't install any MORE apps if I keep installing the largest ones. DOH!

So I'll probably give this a shot once I say my farewells to some other app, ignominiously banished from my device for the sins of file-size.

And if the keyboard works, it makes a lot more sense to me. I couldn't see buying what looks like a game that probably has a lot of keyboard commands without being able to use my keyboard. The battery drain of using BT while also heavily taxing the network connection has me a bit worried though.

14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I find the Bluetooth drain while using a keyboard to be very minimal. The GAME is going to be the biggest battery drain, to be honest :).

Honestly, this is the kind of game that you'd maybe 6 or 7 hours out of, probably less to be honest. There's a lot taxing the GPU.

But really, as far as battery concerns go, the keyboard and network usage are minuscule hits to the battery in comparison.

15. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Wasn't keen on the idea of mining. However, after a few hours of work and seeing the fat stacks it brings in, I'm down:)

[​IMG]

16. retrogamer83

retrogamer83 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Argh I'm so on the fence about this! I definitely won't pay £/$10 a month for it (no disrespect to the devs, I just couldn't budget it), but then I hate the thought of being limited with the 'lite' option :(

17. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia

Just don't turn into mining carebear :rolleyes:

18. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Have you tried it? If not try it. The devs seem like they are considering different options for the lite model. Either way you will have a bunch of fun before you max out at 3 :)

19. retrogamer83

retrogamer83 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Couple more questions, sorry >_< Will the game run well on my iPad mini? I read one Appstore review which said it slowed to a crawl at times on their iPad 3. Also, can I pay the monthly fee using my store credit? Thanks again.

20. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    All good. Correct me if im wrong but doesnt the mini have the same specs as the ipad 2? if so it runs fine on my ipad2. (not concrete on this though sorry)

You can pay the "lite" monthly subscription of $1 on your itunes cred