iPhone Venice Mystery

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Aug 24, 2010.

1. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Getting it now! Can't resist a good sale on a good game!

2. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    Tx for the sale...bought the game and really enjoying it...:)

3. gamgo

gamgo Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Venice Mystery now on AppStore in Asian regions

Venice Mystery FULL and LITE version are now available on the AppStores in Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Mali, Taiwan and Thailand.

Also now available in the AppStore in New Zealand.

Rolling out more countries soon.

We want to say thanks for your support with some promo codes*:
    (Note: Promo codes only work with an US iTunes Account)

67R3H667EHYL
    NWPP9MRR9FP3
    W4MEJM4WXWKT
    JFFJE7NL3MWH
    JKMKYNL6PY3J
    6P36XTN37J9W
    LNL4JT46A76H
    JM64T67E36XX
    7PMN6MKTNXLH
    TX6YM4XT7FL9

Have fun!

4. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Thanks!! I got W4MEJM4WXWKT.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey Gamgo,

What became of the storyless/mini-game less pure action mode?

6. Cassandra44

Cassandra44 New Member

Nov 24, 2010
    I love this game!

I was just browsing in the apps store using term "Venice" when the game popped up,. It is the best $3:99 value ever! My very favourite ipad game and I have played it so many times since we got it! Endlessly fascinating - athough to be honest I really only like the tile part and initially I used to dislike the clock and the paintings. However I have done it so many times I can do the paintings almost automatically! I just don't bother with the clock!
    I am still confused about the lions...they don't seem to have any significance.
    I also found a defect in the game. Sometimes when I move to the next section I find the keys are already in place and so I have to restart the game. That's a very small problem and doesn't really detract from the overall enjoyment.
    My only beef is that my granddaughter loves the game (she is only 6 !) but she has an itouch rather than ipad and she is so sad that she can't get the game for her itouch.

7. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Superb game - just left a review. Great graphics, fun gameplay (with some strategy involved), and I love that you can have different users with different difficulty levels playing the game - makes for a great all-ages game. Thanks for that! Absolutely a super pick. Looking forward to hearing if you have any updates planned (including LordGek's suggestion).

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

9. gamgo

gamgo Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Thansk or uploading Sanuku :)

10. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    Currently loving this game!! I fire Venice Mystery up when not playing Order & Chaos.. This is like Shanghai without the cobwebs! Don't miss this!!

11. gamgo

gamgo Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Thanks JCat - also for the review on iTunes - I'm sure you are the one that wrote the last US review - the username is a bit the same :)

12. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    #72 slewis7, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
    I just finished this game on medium difficulty and I just wanted to contribute that it is a very fun tile matching game where speed and accuracy are critical. It is somewhat similar to the classic Shanghai game, but I found the Venice game to be more intense. The clock puzzles were really easy and just story filler, but the art puzzles were fun and the right difficulty for me. Overall, this game kept me playing and required total concentration at times to beat the clock without sacrificing a life. I would rate it as 4 to 5 stars.

Can anyone PM me a hint as to where I would find the Hidden Palazzo theme in this game? I found a link to the developer's Facebook page where you can Like them to unlock a code, but I am not on Facebook.

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Thanks to Kathrin from Gamgo for helping me unlock the Hidden Palazzo theme! That is a lot of new content in addition to the metric ton that was already present here. I think I am getting my entertainment dollars worth .

14. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    #74 LazyGamer, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
    I really like this game for the great graphics and story around it. It flows nicely and suits me as a rather casual gamer. But unfortunately I found the gameplay itself a little dull after some time. I finished it rather for the sake of finishing it.

I found that number matching "minigame" rather uninspired (is it because I played on easy?) and I am pretty sure "19" is "XIX" in latin, not "XVIIII" ;)

Worth the money for me overall, I just wished it was a little less "predictable"...play levels, match picture parts (rather a chore), find passage, write down and set numbers...next round.

15. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yeah, as much as I loved the core game, the two additional mini-games were a bit of a chore. Luckily, if you play the additional levels they skip the two other mini-games!

16. gamgo

gamgo Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    #76 gamgo, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    Hi all, just wanted to let you know that a new version is on it's way to the AppStore. We are in the last testing process and will send it to Apple soon.

Meanwhile take a look on what's new:
    • New Murano Island 2 Level Pack with 52 fresh levels.
    • New achievements to unlock.
    • New Game Center Leaderboards for Murano Island 2.

★ NEW GAME PLAY FEATURES ★
    • Brand new game experience with new multiplier and coin collecting.
    • Increase your score up 9x with the new score multiplier meter.
    • Collect coins when playing a combo.
    • Use your collected coins to get additional extras.
    • Tiles now give a visible response when you can't play the tile.

★ IMPROVEMENTS ★
    • New map screen design with sidebar and store button.
    • Complete artwork makeover with lots of color refreshments.
    • Improved visuals and audio effects.
    • Fixing a bug that crashed the game for some of you.
    • Technical improvements and more ...

Here is a short video showing some of the new features:

I will post an update here as soon it is live.
    Stay tuned!

17. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Is there any chance that retina support for the new iPad has been added?

18. gamgo

gamgo Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    No, I'm sorry - not yet. A lot of artwork needs to be redrawn for this. Because the original artwork is only available in iPad 1-2 screen size.

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    @Ubi - it still looks good on the new iPad, and is a great take on mahjong solitaire, with some great twists. Highly playable, and I highly recommend it.

@gamgo - A retina ipad3 version would be stunning though, so if you guys are working on that, I'll be ecstatic!

20. gamgo

gamgo Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    @pluto6 - Thanks! Yep, absolutely true - but again, we have to redraw all the artwork - we can't scale the old ones up. Some of the new artwork has already been done - so we are working on it. In the new version v1.3.0 that will be released soon - we included some of the new artwork and made some color enhancements. The original game artwork from 2007 (PC and Mac) wasn't that good anymore for the iPad screen - a bit to dark. We used Skala Preview now to fix this and made some really great improvements in color. When you see the difference side by side - it's amazing - we definitely have now more color in the game and it looks a lot more fresh :)

But before the retina iPad version will come - we want to release the iPhone version - I hope we get this done by Dezember.

btw. we now have a Venice Mystery twitter account http://twitter.com/VeniceMystery