iPhone Venice Mystery

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Retina or not, I'm very much looking forward to the update. It's a great game and I appreciate that you are supporting it.

2. gamgo

gamgo Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    @Ubi thanks, we hope to send it to Apple on Monday.

3. gamgo

gamgo Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    We submitted Venice Mystery iPad update v1.3.0 to Apple on Monday. Hope app will go in review soon. Meanwhile here is a little ingame video showing the new features like coins and multiplier.

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I love the direction you've taken the game in these last two expansions, trimming all of the fat (picture arranging and decoder wheel fiddling), and now with this expansion turning it into a sleek take on something like "High Speed Mahjong with Combos" (but still not just another wannabe Mahjong game)!

Something neat with the advent of coins to buy extra power-ups between rounds that didn't hit me at first is that it also means you are free to SELL BACK unwanted power-ups for full credit. For example, I personally have never found a use for the Swap power-up, so now I can just sell any of them I find off for credit toward more useful ones.

5. gamgo

gamgo Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Thanks Tim!

6. gamgo

gamgo Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Venice Mystery is in review now.

7. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    The update is live (at least for me in Redding, CA, USA)!

8. gamgo

gamgo Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Thanks, I see it too, also in Germany, France and Spain - should be live soon to all countries.

9. redonion

redonion Member

Aug 6, 2012
    WUAU, love it!!

10. hellokitt

hellokitt Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    really like the graphics! and in general very much love these applications! You need to download

11. gamgo

gamgo Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Thanks @redonion and @hellokitt !!

12. gamgo

gamgo Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Hi all, we just uploaded version 1.3.1 of Venice Mystery to the App Store - waiting for review. The update fixes a bug that causes the game to freeze from time to time. We are happy that we finally fixed it.

Venice Mystery for iPad is currently available for just $2.99 (was $4.99). Happy gaming!

13. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Venice Mystery is BACK, man!

v1.4, which I had the honor of helping beta test, is now live and adds a cool new Quickplay mode to the game.

It's the same great "speed mahjong" tile matching action of the main game but now you and your friends can compete for highscores on any of this mode's 80 levels or simply combined score. It also introduces a really cool new power-up thing that only appears in Quickplay mode when you really quickly rack up a huge combo. I'll leave it to you to found out exactly what it does. ;)

14. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Since the last update i cant' play the campaign mode. Anyone else with this problem?