Universal Vigil RPG (by Aggro Magnet Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AggroMagnetGames, Nov 11, 2014.

1. AggroMagnetGames

AggroMagnetGames Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    The world map actually looks pretty decent on a large iPad. But yeah, the combat screen, with the six action buttons being sized to fit to the edges of the screen, are pretty large on an iPad Pro. :)

stubbieoz likes this.
  2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I see that the game has just been updated in the AppStore as a universal app with “iPad Pro full resolution”.

I don’t suppose that means that the game will no longer look like it was made out of building blocks on the 12.9” Pro by any chance does it? :(

3. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Allow myself to quote... myself (from 2 posts up ;) ) :

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    As the patch was released after your previous comment I was just checking.

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thanks for the info and reply! I do love the game so far just have not progressed much but the tips will certainly help, I like the fact it is not easy

6. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Since TouchArcade.com has been so good to Vigil RPG in the past, I've chosen this thread to make the following world premiere announcement:

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Vigil RPG on the App Store, 2014-2024: A huge new Vigil RPG update, v3.0.0, is now available on the App Store!

The update adds two major changes:

(1) For the first time in 10 years on the App Store, Vigil RPG is now free to download! As first promised all the way back in 2017 (https://toucharcade.com/2017/02/16/rpg-reload-developer-spotlight-005-jonathan-schneider-from-aggro-magnet-games/), a "freemium" update to Vigil RPG has finally been completed. The price to download Vigil RPG is now (or shortly will be later today, when Apple finishes processing the changes in your local region) zero.

After a generous initial portion of the game, which now serves as a free demo, players will be prompted to make a single in-app purchase to permanently unlock the remainder of the full game. Of course -- as is only righteous and just! -- I added code such that everyone who bought Vigil RPG prior to this v3.0.0 update will continue to have access to the full game (including this version's updates) without needing to buy the IAP.

There are no ads after the full unlock purchase -- and, because of Vigil RPG's leading design principle of "if it's not fun, it doesn't make the cut" there are no ads BEFORE the full unlock purchase, either!

(2) Honor Mode! Inspired by a certain awesome hit 2023 AAA RPG -- (okay, fine, I'll just come out and say that it's Baldur's Gate 3) -- players considering themselves Vigil RPG veterans (or just hungry for maximum challenge right out of the gate?) can now opt in to this challenging new mode at character creation. It features enhanced bosses enemies with new move sets, and like the Diablo series before it, PERMADEATH upon defeat!

In addition to all of that, the v3.0.0 update includes more than 100 small improvements to the existing game. A few normal enemies have been reworked or tweaked to be more fun and/or engaging to fight; graphics, sound, and UI have been improved; and "Bo the Bartender," purveyor of root beer, provides even more helpful and/or witty(?) commentary and tips on your progress.

I hope y'all enjoy what is now hopefully even closer to the ideal pocket single-hero turn-based RPG! https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vigil-rpg/id911657250

7. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Very cool to see this revisited and updated with new modes!