Universal [WIP] Dungelot : Shattered Lands

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Pixeye, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    Nope, though there will be endless mode in future. Dungeons are pretty short at the beginning. The longest dungeon contains 50 floors. Also there are different difficulty curves. Dungeons are divided on normal, hard and deadly. You don't need finish up all dungeons to complete game but some branches of map lead to nice spoils such as a bigger inventory bag for example. Though some differences in game many of those who already tested the game said that it's much more like the first part.

At the end of the dungeon you will face mini boss ( just buffed monster ) - after that you will get the reward : coins, books of experience ( increases stats of heroes on your choice ), craft receipts or armor/weapon stuff . You can replay dungeon with different hero as they can have different reward from this dungeon.

At some point you will find MASTER key. It unlocks big boss dungeon where you face epic boss that absorbs all the screen space : ) After killing him you will get his head as trophy and portal to the next world will be activated.

2. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Trophy Hunting Boss Heads!!!!!! That sounds epic and amazing! I can't wait!

Oh boy this is squaring up pretty nicely by the sounds of it! Are the items (like bigger inventory space) accessible over all characters or just the one you unlocked it with? Are the items you get specific to the character you're playing with or could you get a non equipable sword for your Mage for example?

Thanks for the updates Pix. Keep em coming. This is sounding like the best of the three so far!

3. Pixeye

Pixeye Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Indie developer
    #103 Pixeye, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Ye ;) I've already achieved one.

[​IMG]

About items

[​IMG]

They are much like in the first Dungelot with few improvements. Now you have "hands" in game. Weapon can be 1h or 2handed. Each hero starts with unique weapon and armour. You can find in game improved version of custom armour and weapon of each hero, but you also can buy some generic weapon/armour that can be used by everyone.

The off hand can hold shield ( can be found inside dungeon and have durability, it will be destroyed after X hits )

Armour and Weapons are permanent items. As you buy them or get them as a reward you won't lose them.

Paladin start weapon
    [​IMG]

Witch start weapon
    [​IMG]

The last item in equip is an artifact. Artifacts are dropped from elite monsters. They are tricky. For example a blood stone artifact will hurt you when you equip but will buff your attack. A Summoner book will increase your passive skill chance but you will face extra monster in dungeon and so on. But there are pure good things too like discount card ( gives 50 % discount in dungeon shops ) or THE FORK ( increase your HP restoring inside of the tavern )

You can see all artifacts you found in the special treasury room. Artifacts have some conditions to appear. For example elite monster will never drop a discount card if you wont spend enough gold in shops before. Artifacts are not saved and each time you travel in to the dungeon you must face an elite monster to get this kind of item.

There a lot of different items ( about 120 ) and we will add more. Some of them are very rare or may be used in a special way like BUCKET.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Seriously Pixeye you're just filling me with more and more anxiety. I really really can't wait now! Thank you so much for the information and teasers. I better be on that list when this is ready hahaha I can't wait!
    Thanks again

5. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I tried beta, it has more features like mansion where you can buy some upgrades to all heroes.

6. Diverge

Diverge Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2013
    I am totally interested in beta testing this.

7. dwincelowicz

dwincelowicz Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Security
    Sarasota, FL
    I'm stoked, just from the gifs. Watched the teaser. Just, wow. First impressions are always lasting impressions.

I'd be honored to help test this out. [email protected] (my Testflight email.) Updates would come from [email protected].

8. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Definitely looks great. Like others before me, would be interested in testing beta.

9. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    You lucky duck! How'd you get to beta test this already? Steam?

10. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    I played pre-beta release, made for testis involving russian community. Waiting for steam release like others now)

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Been looking forward to this for a while now too and sad that the beta will be up on steam first I wish it was iOS especially since I'm off work next week.

Glad to see about the weapons and armor carrying over as I like when things are persistant or you have something to work to get that improves the game or makes it easier for you and that you don't just restart all the time.

12. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    this looks awesome!
    can't wait :)

13. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
  14. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Holey Kamoley!!! I played this over the weekend on Steam (I had to make a Steam account and I see trouble in the future for my pocketbook...)
    If you've played the first or second one then this blows the series out of the water!. I had a blast playing it and I'm about to get my first trophy piece for the wall! The persistant weapons/armor are great but you can craft in game items as you explore and there is a shrine that buffs you for a run for a small price! There is also a "mansion" where you can buy permanent upgrades for all characters like extra hp or extra damage or more coins per drop...etc. It's just great and I can't wait for this to come out on ios so I can play it on the go. It's a goodie guys and can't wait for you to get your crumby paws on it.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice definitely great news! Cant wait for this!

16. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #116 Zeillusion, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    OMG yes! I cannot wait for this! I've been a huge fan of all the games and it looks like they've leaned towards the first and improved it big time. Is this releasing this week?

Edit: oops thought I saw this in the "new games" sections. Didn't realize I clicked on "upcoming" instead. :/

17. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Well sadly I beat the demo in short order and now have to wait until the expanded demo comes out or the full build comes out. Like I stated before this game is great in every facet I've seen so far. I died 26 times before beating the whole first Act and putting the ZombieCow head trophy on my wall. And spoiler the trophy adds a permanent bonus to "something" I won't tell. This game is just full of surprise from the Talking Heads (; to the Straw Hat (I see what you did there One Piece) you sneaky Pixeye you. I can't wait for the rest of it. It will surely be worth the premium price!

18. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    iOS beta where are you?
    I hope the steam one is going well so that mobile gets going.

19. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    @Pixeye

When are you going to let the beta go farther than just the first act?

Thanks and I love it so far!!!

20. emdash

emdash Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    artist / Art Director
    Oakland, CA
    Wow, this is looking really fantastic! The character design and animation are really top notch. May I ask what you're using to animate this all? It looks like it could be Spriter or Spine... If so, how are you liking using whichever it is? If not, what is it? Any other comments to share on your art process? (Hope you don't mind my asking - you've been so terrific on this thread about sharing previews and features and stuff, I figured you wouldn't mind a question about art pipeline.)

Anyhow, looking forward to playing the final game on iOS. Good luck with it!