Universal Zarista Games’ Cursed Stone expansion for Redshift’s The Quest - Open Betatesting

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Catacomber, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gondel516

Gondel516 Active Member

Dec 14, 2015
    Haven't really found any issues.

Reply to demenchev:

I felt it was really well balanced, I died a lot towards the beginning, but eventually I was ok. I agree with the thing about balancing the OP items.

To Cat:

You're making more expansions! Yes!
    I would love to test to next one if it is ok with you!

The spell making sounds awesome! Can't wait!

I also have and idea for an expansion I am going to try, I know a little bit of C++.
    I would like to try a big city telling the story of Atlantis, or something like that.

I love the quest, and don't want it to ever end, and if I can I will help prolong this journey!

2. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    @Gondel, you can get the editor and docs from Redshift if you don't already have them. Atlantis is certainly rich in mythology. Will put you on the list for our next expansion--thanks. Already working on the story--involves Viking invasion, human weakness, witches, wolves and magic. :)

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Gondel: an Atlantis-themed expansion sounds great ;)

@Cat: Got my car stuff sorted out just in time to return to work :( I will be a bit pressed for free time in the next few days still; but can slowly come back to testing on the weekend, I think.

And just had an idea:
    For people new to Quest (or rusty, like me ;) ) - especially when playing with the pre-made character - a short hintbook what to spend the stat- & skillpoints on to get a char that can finish the game without too much trouble might be nice.
    Will see if I have time to come up with some text.

4. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    If you could come up with some text, that would be very useful. : ) Thanks. Otherwise, I'll have to ask DeMenchev for some help.

Drelbs has been watching the Chew on his intergalactic cable TV and has been inspired to add his recipe for Pasta Fazghoul as a takeout item in the next version. : )

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Pasta Fazghoul sounds funny, gives that fashionable sickly-green taint to the skin with a large portion ;)

Oh, and of course you can add me to your list for the next expansion, too.

6. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Thanks, Nullzone! :) That is, thanks Nullzon the Historian. :)

7. Shuva

Shuva Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Japan
    I'm sore to be late, but I managed to update! I seemed to have to uninstall and reinstall. Of course, I saved my date by file sharing.

8. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    @ Shuva--Great!

Just sent version 108 to Elendil--hope it updates smoothly. These are the changes.

Player now needs Membership Certificate that Nullzon gives you after you finish his quest to buy Paakalito's Drainer, Drelbs' Armor and Marucs' Bow.
    Nullzon now gives a hint it can be used for that.
    Old Shaman now gives you a spellbook of Protection Blessing if you finish his quest.
    Money spiders in Crypt are now Venom Spiders.

Mihari no yumi bow now has additional effect-fortify ac +10
    More Fire Mushrooms added. to pick up in Sithean's Fields and Lake Dierdru.
    Zombilon buys silver chests now and pays more for them.
    Eels now have a ranged spell.

Homemade Unholy Whiskers now depends on your alchemy skill.
    It's clearer now when Dran is elected the new chieftain.
    Dungeondiver's Lifeline Ring added.

You only need to restart if you want Old Shaman's spellbook of Protection Blessing and you already finished his quest.

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I have a huge of pile of work to go through, didn't have the energy to write anything yet :( I don't know what your planned schedule looks like, so for now better don't count on me to get something out in time.

10. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    That's ok. Usually these things are worked out in the forum discussions anyway. Work and other aspects of life are more important to attend to.

Was wondering if anyone is annoyed with the small puzzle in the branches where the Moon Goddess is to reach her. The Walls of Force---.

11. Gondel516

Gondel516 Active Member

Dec 14, 2015
    I didn't have any trouble, I just poked things until I figured it out

12. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    I think we're just about done. One more beta and then I think we can raise our glasses of Catnip Juice---excuse me, Hard Soda, and relax. : )

13. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #213 Catacomber, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    Version 109 sent to Elendil---these are the changes---
    The Oracle now gives you a hint to talk to Dran and get a reward.
    Fixed Riddling Shaman.
    Old Shaman now fails the Rescue the Family quest if you choose not to kill Rory but to kill Tyra.
    Unholy Whiskers fortified slightly with resist Magic.

This should be the last beta---just sending it to you so you have the latest file. Thank you for all your help. You've all been great! Starting work on Thor's Hammer. : ) Sylon is crafting a Viking boat. : D

14. DeMenchev

DeMenchev Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Does anybody find stepping on Cowslips, the pool of dewdrops, the grass at Boiling Loch which is yellow because a voice is stuck in it, traps at Mage Otho's and other spots that trigger a message twice when you walk over them a bit icky?
    Did you find the Joint Eater dungeon outside Red Fist's Keep? There's a breakable wall;)

Stealth is useless in most expansions...
    Cat, NPCs with stuff on the surface map in the next expansion would be nice. Nothing can be stolen in dungeons, so don't give NPCs that walk indoors any items.

15. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Unless there's a devastating dislike of those steps, I think we can live with that. I'd like to finish up now. And it would mean restarting and could be buggy.

I've avoided using the walking npc's on purpose because the graphics are very pixelated on iPad. Thor's Hammer, the next expansion, is a very icy, snowy and dangerous world and you probably won't find anybody outside braving the elements and the raiders. The only reason the npc's inside the dungeons have items is because I copy the figure. It's easier that way. I don't think you actually get a message you can't steal from them, do you?

16. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I have come across very few issues while playing as repulsa the undead ;) I honestly love this expansion to death and am so honored to have been personally made into the game as a NPC. Everything is very well balanced at this time and I can't wait for it to go live :D

17. DeMenchev

DeMenchev Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    #217 DeMenchev, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    Yay, a snowy expansion with new graphics sounds very interesting!:D

Cat, I'll see what I can do to make the text about microscopic stuff more appropriate for a book in an expansion. You can release Cursed Stone very soon. It's not very important. It's actually some of the (most difficult as it's peculiar, perhaps) stuff that certain high school teachers might scold and daunt or at least give failing grades for not understanding. There should be much more if I want to make it helpful, but most helpful it would be if it sounded fun and exciting... I found many YouTube videos fantastic at that, and apps by FCS are also both very fun and super informative in my opinion. They're all available for iOS, but I couldn't find them until now. It could be because they're so unpopular that it's not only very unlikely to ever see any of them in the store, but it's also pretty hard to intentionally find them. Here's what I'm talking about: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fcs-biology-mitosis-meiosis/id938076599?mt=8 (read the descriptions, not the prices. They're not expensive)
    Can somebody help promote The Quest&Expansions? It would be great and I've no idea how to do it. I'm sure there are many people who would love to try TQ if they ever came across it.

I wonder if there can be a script that makes a monster, when hit with a certain weapon, get hit by a spell (cast by the player for free).
    It could then be applied to all monsters in an expansion (except for those on the surface, as it'll make them stuck in certain areas and look buggy), so those weapons could be very fun to use.

18. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #218 Catacomber, Jan 31, 2016
    @ Repulsa--thanks. I'm glad you are enjoying it. Release should be very soon.

@ DeMenchev--I have to send Elendil the final file tonight DeMenchev. Sylon just finished the graphics. The file is really too big now and I don't want to risk any problems. I could substitute a few short sentences for your last paragraph in your dialogue but that's about it.

Don't know if I could do that special scripting in the Quest. Will think about it.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

19. fusermarucs

fusermarucs Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    #219 fusermarucs, Jan 31, 2016
    Hi Cat - glad it's all done! Thoroughly enjoyable expansion and I'm pleased I could help, and pleased to be part of it too. Hope it gets some support on release!

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Cat: Just in case you don't know this already:
    If you want to increase your chances of coverage on TA, contact their Shaun Musgrave before release.